Friday, August 7, 2009

August 6th, 2009

Spent the morning up on Mt. Evans. I got up at 4:00 am., a bit too early and arrived about 1/2 hour before sunrise which was good but it was cloudy anyway so I could have slept in for an hour or so. Really windy up on the top and not much to shoot. On the way back down, I saw some pika on some rocks near the road so I decided to photograph them for a while. It turned out to be about 2 hours. I wanted some running shots but it was pretty dark most of the time. Nothing really sharp but a few acceptable running images turned out OK. (See new images on my site). I did see a weasel while I was there but he never came out of the rocks. I still managed to save about 10 images of pika and one marmot for the time spent. The shot of the jumping pika was shot at ISO 1000, 1/640 sec, f5.6 with a 500 mm lens and a 1.4x extender.

No comments:

Post a Comment